so ultimately i am super stressed out waiting for my financial aid package from smu, but in the meantime, i have written a pro/cons list for my 2 college choices - smu and point park. ultimately my main thing is that at smu yes though i will have an amazing time and make a bunch of friends, party my ass off, etc i am nervous that i will become unfocused and forget my true goal - dance. ultimately i want to be signed into a company my graduation. however at point park though i know i will be artistically pushed and grow a lot as an artisit, i do not mold well with the student body and i hate pittsburgh. i also hate the lack of school spirit at that insitution. here it goes.
- DALLAS (i am so in love with this city, it is insane)
- small classes and the elitist community
- beautiful, STRAIGHT men (we all know the pickings are slim at point park, lets be honest)
- smu has the campus spirit i’ve been looking for my whole life. PONY UP.
- meadows is an amazing community, theres like 12 people in a dance class. and the small size of the dance department will definitely allow me to get cast in their shows.
- warm weather (i hate snow and pittsburgh has a lot of it. cold weather kills my ankle)
- momma/poppa mathia and max. its nice to know i would have a home away from home
- having a 2nd major from smu will allow for job opps in the future
- travel abroad is crazy good at smu
- lots of funding for summer intensives
- 3 hours from mel mel
- close to la and the commercial dance scene
- kiehls is opening a new store in north park
- dallas black dance theatre
- i will have to take pointe my first year at smu. which i have sworn off.
- i will be far from home and the east coast
- teresa will not be as willing to pay for dance related things if she is paying for flights back and forth to dallas
- i could get a little distracted with the greek life scene
- the amazing food and large portions everywhere in dallas could lead to me gaining weight. which cannot happen.
- i had more challenging ballet classes at ppu for summer. a lot of stuff at meadows i have been doing with pat all this year.
- dallas is not close to new york.
- a demanding 2nd major may lead to me becoming unfocused
- small classes
- pittsburgh is very close to paige and new york
- i’d be able to see teresa more often and cheaply
- KIESHA LALAMA
- being around such talented dancers would push me to become better and grow artistically.
- NO POINTE
- the opportunity to take musical theatre classes could open up a 2nd avenue
- good financial aid package
- double majoring would be easier at point park
- lack of school spirit sucks balls
- I HATE PITTSBURGH
- i did not mesh well with the student body or any of the dancers from summer dance that well. i mean other than cloe and latrea but they are perfect people. everyone else ehhh…
- i want to get away from the conservatory feel
- cold ass pittsburgh weather is not my cup of tea and will severley affect my mood
- it is extremely hard to get cast in pieces at point park, thats a whole other drama in itself.
- point park is very reminiscent of capa
- pittsburgh just really does suck