so ultimately i am super stressed out waiting for my financial aid package from smu, but in the meantime, i have written a pro/cons list for my 2 college choices - smu and point park. ultimately my main thing is that at smu yes though i will have an amazing time and make a bunch of friends, party my ass off, etc i am nervous that i will become unfocused and forget my true goal - dance. ultimately i want to be signed into a company my graduation. however at point park though i know i will be artistically pushed and grow a lot as an artisit, i do not mold well with the student body and i hate pittsburgh. i also hate the lack of school spirit at that insitution. here it goes.
- DALLAS (i am so in love with this city, it is insane)
- small classes and the elitist community
- beautiful, STRAIGHT men (we all know the pickings are slim at point park, lets be honest)
- smu has the campus spirit i’ve been looking for my whole life. PONY UP.
- meadows is an amazing community, theres like 12 people in a dance class. and the small size of the dance department will definitely allow me to get cast in their shows.
- warm weather (i hate snow and pittsburgh has a lot of it. cold weather kills my ankle)
- momma/poppa mathia and max. its nice to know i would have a home away from home
- having a 2nd major from smu will allow for job opps in the future
- travel abroad is crazy good at smu
- lots of funding for summer intensives
- 3 hours from mel mel
- close to la and the commercial dance scene
- kiehls is opening a new store in north park
- dallas black dance theatre
- i will have to take pointe my first year at smu. which i have sworn off.
- i will be far from home and the east coast
- teresa will not be as willing to pay for dance related things if she is paying for flights back and forth to dallas
- i could get a little distracted with the greek life scene
- the amazing food and large portions everywhere in dallas could lead to me gaining weight. which cannot happen.
- i had more challenging ballet classes at ppu for summer. a lot of stuff at meadows i have been doing with pat all this year.
- dallas is not close to new york.
- a demanding 2nd major may lead to me becoming unfocused
- small classes
- pittsburgh is very close to paige and new york
- i’d be able to see teresa more often and cheaply
- KIESHA LALAMA
- being around such talented dancers would push me to become better and grow artistically.
- NO POINTE
- the opportunity to take musical theatre classes could open up a 2nd avenue
- good financial aid package
- double majoring would be easier at point park
- lack of school spirit sucks balls
- I HATE PITTSBURGH
- i did not mesh well with the student body or any of the dancers from summer dance that well. i mean other than cloe and latrea but they are perfect people. everyone else ehhh…
- i want to get away from the conservatory feel
- cold ass pittsburgh weather is not my cup of tea and will severley affect my mood
- it is extremely hard to get cast in pieces at point park, thats a whole other drama in itself.
it never ceases to amaze me how incredibly expensive nyu housing is
we are absolutely paying for…what? the security (both literally and of living with other students and having a stable landlord and stuff)? the fact that we don’t have to go apartment hunting? the community?
where the hell is some one paying 800 dollars a month in rent for an apt in manhattan….